Senior Field Resolution Specialist
The Field Claims Representative (FCR) uses their considerable claims handling knowledge and experience to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle/resolve all aspects of both first and third party commercial auto claims to the best of their abilities, including all related property damages and bodily injuries. The field claims adjuster should have considerable skills in building rapport and working with claimants immediately post-accident, and being able to successfully negotiate smaller to more complex bodily injury claims. The primary intent of this position is to attempt to get as many “first call settlements” as possible. The FCR should also be proficient at writing smaller to mid complexity auto damage estimates, and ideally the chosen candidate will have some I-CAR training and/or I-CAR certification.
- Coordinate initial assignment and claim handling tasks with Qeo inside adjusters.
- Contact and/or take statements from insureds, claimants, witnesses and other pertinent parties to gather necessary information to evaluate the claims.
- Evaluate claim facts in tandem with the applicable coverages and jurisdictional tort laws in order to make an assessment of the liability of all involved parties.
- Evaluate damages to ascertain amounts payable (if any) to involved parties.
- Obtain police reports, medical bills, Medicare reporting forms, releases, etc.
- Write auto damage appraisals via Mitchells, ADP, or other Qeo selected estimating programs.
- Determine if appraised vehicles are a total loss; notify inside adjusters of same.
- Identify fraud indicators and notify Qeo’s SIU Department as appropriate.
- Evaluate all information received to determine how claim(s) should best be resolved.
- Negotiate with policyholders and/or claimants to attempt to settle all property damage and bodily injury claims in the field on the first call if possible, securing releases.
- Perform any other needed tasks on assigned files as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 – 5+ years prior experience as an outside field adjuster working for a carrier or I.A.
- Significant experience handling and resolving bodily injury claims in the field.
- Significant experience writing auto estimates in the field and working with body shops.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate good settlements.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in a higher degree of computer skills.
- Bi-lingual capabilities (English and Spanish) a plus.